BANANA BREAD ( 1 4X8 inch loaf )
- Bananas, 3, very ripe (like half-black), peeled.
- Butter, melted, 1/3 cup.
- Sugar, 5/8 cup.
- Egg, 1, large, beaten.
- Vanilla extract, 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Walnuts, 1 cup.
- Flour, 1 1/2 cups.
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon.
- Salt, a pinch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter up a 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the wet stuff in one bowl and the dry stuff in another bowl.
- Dump the dry stuff into the wet stuff and mix it up. That's your batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Put the pan in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick by sticking the toothpick into the top of the loaf. Loaf is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- When it is done, remove the pan from the oven. Let the loaf sit in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan. Let it sit on a towel until it has cooled down (about an hour).
- That's it, you're done. You now have banana bread.
NOTE : This recipe lends itself to multiplication. Doubling and tripling has worked fine for me.